Class Is Being Held at CrossFit HealthRidge
5 Minutes of INCH Worms – Stop every 4 and do 4 lunge steps
Push Press with empty bar:
- Establish everyone’s front rack. Bar should be resting on the shoulders with elbows high.
- Working on the front rack to the dip and drive only.
- Working on the dip then drive then press after the bar leaves the shoulders. Do not press before the drive is complete.
OT2 Minutes for 10 Minutes
5 x 5 Push Press. Should be using a weight that is extremely difficult to complete the 5th rep. Using light weight during this will be a waste of time for what this is trying to accomplish. If form is there then stack the weight on.
Technique – Push Ups
Review the proper method of a front leaning rest plank:
- Arms straight
- Hips tucked under and ribs pulled toward the belly button
- No sagging
4 x 30 seconds on and 30 seconds off of a hard plank
Review the ground thumper:
- Lay flat on the stomach
- Hands should be placed close to the body right outside the armpits
- Extend the elbows until they have locked out and then return to the ground
- Hips and thighs should be flat on the ground during the extension
4 x 30 seconds on and 30 seconds off – max reps during this time
Review the push up from the box:
- Place hands on a box about shoulder width apart. High box for easier and low box for harder
- Establish a hard plank
- Lower the body until the chest touches the box. Not touching the chest on the box is cheating the movement leading to slower progression of the standard push up, so a higher box may be needed
- Return to the start position with elbows fully extended
4 x 20 seconds on and 40 seconds off – max reps during this time